When you start a new life abroad, you are bound to befriend individuals from your various nationalities. There are going to be instances where you will be invited to class or home parties where people will show off their cooking skills and scrumptious cuisines. However, when it comes to deserts, things always get tricky. But hey, practice makes perfect right? Here are 3 desserts that you will absolutely love and are super easy to make at home. I assure you, these desserts will easily make you the highlight of the party.
Not only are they healthy, these key lime squares taste absolutely divine.
- Almond flour ¾ cup
- Honey 3 TBSP
- Coconut Oil 3 TBSP
- Ground Cinnamon ½ TSP
- Salt, to taste
- Chilled coconut milk 1 can/400ML
- Honey 1/3 cup
- Lime juice ½ cup
- Lime, zested 2
1. Crust: In a bowl combine the ingredients of the crust and mix until smooth. Make sure to
only mix with a spatula. Reminder: do not overmix!
2. Settle your crust mixture on a square baking dish and set aside.
3. Filling: From the chilled can of coconut milk, only scoop out the cream like texture milk in a
4. Beat your coconut cream with a hand mixture for about 3-5 minutes on medium speed or
until a fluffy texture is achieved.
5. Combine the cream with lime juice and honey and continue to beat the mixture for about 2-
3 minutes until a smooth texture is formed.
6. Pour the filling on top of the crust and garnish with some zested lime.
7. Freeze your desert for around 2 hours or until the filling has completely set.
8. Cut your desert into squares.
Easy Biscuit Brownies
Did you just get an invite last minute? Or are you one of the students who doesn’t like to go to anyone’s house empty handed? Worry not! This super quick and easy recipe has got you covered!
- 4 packets of Oreo’s (or any biscuit of your choice)
- Chocolate Chip cookies 1 packet
- Milk ¾ cup
- Baking powder 1 TSP
- Baking soda ½ TSP
1. Preheat your oven at 180°C.
2. Grind your biscuits, baking powder and soda until you achieve a grainy mixture.
3. Add milk to the mixture and with a spatula slowly mix your batter.
4. Pour your batter into a greased baking dish.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a spoon comes out completely clean.
Oreo Cheesecake Truffles
Okay, who doesn’t love oreos? This super quick and easy oreo truffle recipe will leave you in absolute awe of how delicious it tastes!
- 3 Packets of Oreo biscuits
- Cream Cheese 250 grams
- White/milk chocolate chips. 1 packet / 100 grams
1. Grind your biscuits until you get a grainy texture.
2. Add the cream cheese and grind again until you achieve a dough like mixture.
3. Roll out small balls from the mixture.
4. Melt your chocolate chips in a microwave for 30 seconds.
5. Thoroughly cover your Oreo truffles with the melted chocolate.
6. Garnish them with crushed Oreo.
7. Set them aside or in a fridge for 15-20 minutes.
Written by: Mariam Hamid