Undersigned Gyula Takács, president of the Student Council of the University of Pécs (PTE EHÖK), accordingly to the Constituitution of the PTE EHÖK, I announce
The annual election of officials for
the Medical Faculty of the University of Pécs in 2017
1) The president of the student union and the student representatives must be elected by the students of the faculty in the course of a direct ballot. Through the election, every student who posesses a valid certificate of student status can vote and can be elected. - (PTE COC attachemt no. 43.). 54. §
2) The president and the vice-president has a mandate of 2 years, the presidential deputies, the other deputies appraised by this current constitution and the student representatives posses a mandate of 1 year. Upon the end of the mandate of the president – with the exception of the student representatives – the mandate of the deputy and elected members of the student union automatically ends. - 54. § (2)
3) To be considered as a legitimate candidate you must submit a valid application. The application must be submitted to the president of the Student Council (EHÖK). - 56. § (2)
4) The application must contain the following: - 56. § (3)
b) the curriculum vitae of the applicant
c) the electoral programme of the candidate
d) motivational letter of the candidate
e) valid certificate of student status (can not be older than 15 days),
f) the applicant must validate every page of the application with his/her signature
5) The Central Electoral Committee will decide about the approval or disapproval of the applications received through the election period, based on the formal requirements. In case any of the conditions determined in paragraph 3 are not fulfiled, the application will automatically be rejected. - 56. § (4)
6) The submitted applications are public, therefore the student union is obliged to upload their website, or provide another way of inspection.
7) The applications can only be submitted personally at the following address: 7622 Pécs, Vasvári Pál utca 4. EHÖK office.
8) We accept the applications in office hours. From Monday to Thursday 9:00 – 12:00; 13:00 - 15:00, on Friday 9:00 – 12:00; 13:00 - 14.00.
9) Submission period related to the application: 4th September 2017 (Monday) 08:00 – 8th September 2017 (Friday) 14:00.
10) The referring period starts on the 8th September 2017 (Friday) 16:00 and lasts until the 15th September 2017 (Friday) 12:00.
11) The campaign period starts on the 8th September 2017 (Friday) 16:00 and ends on the 24th September 2017 (Sunday) 24:00.
12) At the end of the campaign period begins the election itself, when the students who are entitled to vote take the direct ballot. From the beginning of the election until its confinement there is complete campaign silence. The election goes on until at least 25 percent of the full time programme students from the given faculty casts a vote, or for at least 3 work-days. - 58. (1) §
13) Every student can only refer one candidate validly. If a student recommends more than one candidate, all of the recommendations will be considered invalid. - 56. § (11)
14) The authenticity of the recommendations will be inspected by the Central Electoral Committee. The Central Electoral Committee will reject the proposition of those, who do not posses the given ammount of recommendations (6), and of those who have failed to meet the requirements mentioned in the tender or in the Constitution of the EHÖK.- 56. § (12)
15) Through the campaign period the candidates are obliged to host an open discussion, the rules of which are prepared by the Central Electoral Committee according to the mutual agreement of the nominees.- 57. §
16) The time of the presidential open debate, or in the event of one candidate the time of the programme review is 22 September 2017 18:00.
17) In case of any other occurence the Constitution of the EHÖK is exemplary. (PTE COC attachment no. 43.)
Pécs, 3rd September 2017
University of Pécs